Main Forum

Masterworks - Platesmithing - adamant rivets

5 replies
Posts:
8
Knights of the Mystic Fire
Sahha MVP
Guys, got a question for you. So I've a quest with my Platesmithing that requires me to create 12 adamant rivets. The problem is that I only have a doming hammer (grey) plus 3 purple platesmithing tools. Tier 2 gives me 80% chance of getting something i don't want. Tier 3 is the adamant rivet but the chances of getting it is down to 20%. So... how the heck do i get the adamant rivet? Yes I can buy it on AH.. like 35k each.. LOL.. Any advice?
Posted Mar 31, 17 · OP
Posts:
416
Admins
Mystra's Chosen
Pumpkin Brigade!
Cinderella
Sees life in pink
Sahha MVP
You either do it the hard way being VERY VERY paetient and burning through stacks of materials (with 20% or 35% chance if you have mithral gond artifact) or you pay (a lot). Once you get through the second set of tasks for given proffession, you get a purple tool that lets you craft with 60% success chance. Getting there is the hard part and that's one of the reason why masterwork is generally decribed as badly gated.

I would offer my help but my platesmithing is at 20% also. On the bright side if you get one proffession done it gets slightly easier to work on next one.
Posted Mar 31, 17
Posts:
885
Admins
Mystra's Chosen
Pumpkin Brigade!
Jasmine
Sahha MVP
Yeeeah, this is why I still haven't finished my Mailsmithing Masterwork tasks.

Myhaiva (NWLC) commented a while ago that technically the most cost-effective way to finish this profession is to buy the purple item you need to finish the final task, and simply try to complete it that way. From a RP perspective, the grind is half the point, but from a $$$ perspective, if you have to keep buying rivets and failing at that task until you get the required number of whatever it's asking you to craft, with only 15% success rate... he may be right. It might be better to shell out for that one item.

Getting twelve adamant rings for mailsmithing took me a damn month the hard way. XD
Posted Mar 31, 17 · Last edited Mar 31, 17
Posts:
8
Knights of the Mystic Fire
Sahha MVP
I would have bought the purple doming hammer , but a) it's not available and b) it's probably a character bound item when I finish the 12 adamant rivets.. ROFL.

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Masterwork_Professions#First_Quest_6
Posted Mar 31, 17 · OP
Posts:
416
Admins
Mystra's Chosen
Pumpkin Brigade!
Cinderella
Sees life in pink
Sahha MVP
The tools are bound to character yes. After you get recipes you get to keep both purple and white tool (so if you want you can spam the easier task with 20% chance if you have surplus of materials).

As to buying over the hard way - depends on your luck. I got lucky few times making the final gold item (lucky as in 1st try with 35% chance) as well as with making some more pricy materials. Then there is the unlucky - Jewelcrafting has cost me several millions alone cause the task kept failing...

Personally I always start with the gold item you need for final task. If I get through the hardest part I will try to get rest (since it's basically making it or buying). Otherwise I might have gotten discouraged to continue.

Oh and that wiki page lets you plan ahead, use it.
Posted Mar 31, 17
Posts:
8
Knights of the Mystic Fire
Sahha MVP
got it...yeah definitely i will probably see if i can plan ahead and see if I can do the other parts of the quest lines.... thanks everyone!
Posted Mar 31, 17 · OP
There are no birthdays today.
Upcoming birthdays (1)
Birthday on Tue 23 Jan, 2018
NoticeNotices